Photovoltaic Panel Thermal Image diagnostic
|Panels||POLY-CRYSTALLINE 16 X 250W MODULES|
|Predicted ANNUAL YEILD||4,528 KWH/ANNUM|
|Location||SOUTH EAST ENGLAND|
|Carbon Saved||2395 KG/ANNUM|
A ground Mounted 4 KWP solar PV array installed in East Sussex on a rural domestic property. The system utilised the Enphase micro inverters on the back of each 250W poly crystalline module which allows the performance monitoring of each individual panel.
The screen dump from the Enphase Envoy monitoring software clearly shows one module is not performing as it should. The position in the array eliminates the possibility of localised shading and there was no visible damage to the panel in question.
A survey by SolarUK using a thermal imaging camera clearly shows the heat build up associated with the higher resistance of a faulty section of a PV panel. The local “hot spots” on the other modules are due to the location of the micro inverters behind each module.
Had the installation been a string inverter system the only indication would have been a lower than predicted annual energy performance so potentially goes unnoticed!
This performance loss severely effects the return on investment and costs hundreds of pounds every year it goes unnoticed.
SolarUK’s Servicing and Diagnostic capabilities including Drone surveys finds hidden faults allowing for maximum productivity for our clients
SolarUK at a glance
At Solar UK we are unique in that we provide solar solutions, working with the customer to turn their solar gain into Energy.
We specialize in enabling customers to realise their solar potential and the real financial gains associated.
With unparalleled experience in both domestic and large scale installations, Solar UK has the expertise to tackle your Renewable energy demands.
Case studies of Commercial Scale Solar Energy Installations
- Photovoltaic Panel Thermal Image diagnostic
- Commercial Housing Development with Solar PV installed at build time
- Large Scale water heating system for London Hotel
- Medium Scale 17kW system mounted on Roof of Healthcare Building
- Large Scale 100kW Solar Farm in South East England
- Medium Scale 35kW Solar PV system
- Planet Energy Solutions: Solar PV and Solar Thermal
- Nunnington Hall, A National Trust property with Solar Water Heating
- Solar Powered Bird Scarer, SolarUK provides the Energy!
- Killick House, the largest (when installed) solar water heating system in the UK.
- Orbis Energy: Eco Building, Lowestoft
- Leatherhead: Police Federation Building
- Oval Road: Communal Solar Heating
- Sheffield Hallam University - Solar Thermal and Photovoltaic (PV)